Server antivirus software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISK

Baseband Member
Hello all, I have been looking for a free antivirus solution for Windows Server 2003. This is not for a business or anything like that. This is just a home experiment but I don't want to risk my files! So does anyone have any suggestions?

If I can't find one for free, the best deal I have found appears to be AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition. It is $62.95 for 1yr licence for two computers.

well I do not think you will be able to find one for networks since all freeware antivirus are only for home use

Yeah, I am using Avast! Home Edition on this (WinXP_Pro) machine. I was using the Avast! Server Edition on my server but it was only a 2 month trial version and the licence is ~$300.

Yeah, all the free antivirus programs I have seen or know about are limited so they will not install on a server OS. I was just curious if anyone knew of a sweet deal or perhaps an open source AV solution that will run on Windows Server 2003.

All input greatly appreciated!

Looks like I might have to give that a try. Anyone here actually tried it yet on any system?

So you are recommending Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.1 For Workstations & Network Servers??

The price is definitely nice ($47) but there is a minimum purchase of 10 licences! If I was small business or something and could write this off, I wouldn't mind spending $477 dollars on virus protection, but unfortunately I am just a poor college student.

If you know of any place where I could purchase a one licence copy of it let me know, but I saw nowhere on their site that gave such an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom