BIG Problem - No display OR POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNiQU3

Baseband Member
Hi guys, I'm realy hoping you can help. My pc wouldn't start up one morning, fans spin etc. processor dosn't get hot and there is no POST beeps or display. First I replaced the M/B that didn't work then the RAM which made no diference and now the PSU and still nothing! The only things I have kept is my graphics card and CPU. What do you guys think is the problem?

Thanks

so everything spins? likes come on? does the dvd or cd drive open if you press the button?

if so its most likely the monitor or graphics card that needs replacing. obvious choice is to try a different monitor first.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm from Cheshire too! Yep dvd drives work and monitor does as well. I have the M/B out with the minimum amount of things in incase anything was shorting. So you realy think its the graphics card. I've seen a nice one for £180 but I don't have any money.

see if you can lend one just to test it out, Or buy a really cheap and nasty one for £20. Only to make sure it is a graphics card problem but it does sound more than likely if everything works just no display.

Also you can get really good cards for £90-£140 7600GT - 7900GS

Ok, first I'll test my graphics card, I'll let you know what happens, Thanks for the quick replies!

I've tested my things with the onboard graphics and still no display. So this must mean it's the CPU so I've ordered the Core 2 Duo E6400 - I've found you can overclock it to better than the E6600 or even the Core 2 Duo Extream

tried a different monitor?

and although the E6400 can clock as high as a E6600 it still wont be as good, due to the extra cache size the E6600.

Are you getting a different motherboard too? it might not be the CPU, could be mobo.

I've replaced everything but my graphics card, monitor and hard drive. My monitor works fine and so does my graphics card.I've tried everything in both my new motherboard and old one and I get exacly the same symptoms. So the last thing it could be is my cpu because it hasn't been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom