Dual Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
IBM's going to use a bunch of Opterons and Cell processors in a supercomputer, to try and hit 1 petaflop (1,000,000,000,000 floating point calculations per second)

man if ur looking to buy an ultimate computer wait till the quad cores come out and also wait till Nvidia realeses its nvidia G80, cause game slike alan wake, crysis and conan require minimums of dual core, and even the best graphics cards now wont be able to make the same graphics that he g80 will so just hold ur horses for a bit longer...

I think that he was looking for something like this:
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MB...04852d110e17536025e9b9b44fe287305545b404ddfb#

I mean, WOW. I have always dreamed about creating a system out of a motherboard like this, but then I learned that the headache would be enormous. First, you would have to sell your parent's farm, then you would have to set all of it up. Imagine the POWER that this system would consume!

After that, you would have to have a 64bit operating system. Once you installed everything you'd log on to your system just to find out that the game you wanted to play wouldn't work. EVEN WORSE, you would find that the game is running at the same FPS and such as your friends computer with two 7900GTX cards and and INTEL CORE 2 DUO. *gasp* ...and he only payed 2000$ v.s. your quadracentillion dollars on this monster.

Go with a Conroe system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom