X800GTO AGP card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7600GT will run BF2 on highest setting.

But as I know BF2 needs powerful cpu and a lot of ram.

It might not run well in this old cpu that you have.

I have a Sapphire X800GTO. The X800GTO has 12 pipelines, but has 4 unlockable - which Sapphire (the one with the BLUE PCD board) unlocks them from the factory.

This is a very good card. I run BF2 all on high settings, no AA, @ 1024x768 res and get anywhere from 50 - 90FPS, sometimes 30 - 40's if there are 64 people.

However, it does run a bit toasty - mine got all the way up to 89*C! The card won't be damaged or anything, but it acts as a pretty good furnace - so you might want to consider a Zalman cooler to go with it, but it's up to you.

All in all, my X800 has served me very well, and exceeded my expectations for it. Definately recommend it if you are short on money. I picked mine up off newegg for $142 with 2-day shipping (the actual card was $124, and that's USD by the way).

EDIT: My good friend has a 7600GT, and he can run BF2 same settings as me, with no problem. The 7600GT and the X800GTO are PRETTY MUCH on-par with performance. The 7600GT is slightly better, but nothing too-too drastic.

Good luck on your purchase!

Thanks heaps CrazeD that was alot of help.... a first hand experience is always good. Yeah I have decided on an X800GTO, however it will be an Xpertvision one... will it still have the unlockable pipelines?? If so how would I unlock them? Download software?

7600GT is much better than X800GTO, and if you unlock the X800GTO, the 7600GT will still be better.

And as I know not all X800GTO can be unlocked.

Syphanx said:
Thanks heaps CrazeD that was alot of help.... a first hand experience is always good. Yeah I have decided on an X800GTO, however it will be an Xpertvision one... will it still have the unlockable pipelines?? If so how would I unlock them? Download software?

I'm not sure if you can unlock them, it depends what core it uses. I'm also not sure which cores are which, but I know there is one core that allows 4 ppelines to be unlocked, and one that does not. I THINK the one with the R430 core can have the pipelines unlocked, but don't take my word for it.

To unlock them, you have to modify the video BIOS, which COULD render your videocard useless, so it's not a real good idea unless you know it will work, and know what you're doing (this is why I bought mine with them unlocked already :))

Maybe I'll just get them to order a Sapphire X800GTO, rather than the Xpertvision one... hopefully they still make them.

the 7600 doesn't run BF2 on the highest settings (at least without a bit of lag), but it still runs it pretty well though.

still, the 7600 has newer technologies, like SM 3.0, and transparency anti-aliasing

Mmm yeh i was looking and saw it had SM 3.0.... oh well. the X800GTO I think will serve me better than the 7600. I dont want to spend too much as ill be getting a pci-e board early next year when the new nvidia and ati chipsets come out with DX10. Then I'll buy a good pci-e card.

apokalipse said:
the 7600 doesn't run BF2 on the highest settings (at least without a bit of lag), but it still runs it pretty well though.

still, the 7600 has newer technologies, like SM 3.0, and transparency anti-aliasing

My friend has a 7600GT, and he runs BF2 all on high, no AA, and 1280x1024 resolution, with ~50FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom