Dual Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZeroShade said:
I want two processors in my computer to run faster. So i need a motherboard to support two processors. I also want lots of slots, for everything. I want to have 4 gigs of ram and such... as powerful as i can get it. Does this help?

So why don't you go and buy all those things...

How about an HP Integrity Superdome? Heres The Specs(HP integrity Superdome* system, using 64 Intel® Itanium® 2 DC processors (64 processors, 128 Cores), 1.6GHz with 24MB L3 cache, HT Enabled, 512GB memory, looks like this makes your setup look like crap j/k) But Right now I think you should just get a core2duo extreme or wait till nest year for "Kentsfield" I hear they are going to make a a Extreme version as well, for those of you that don't know it is basically going to be 2 core2duos on one die!!. Or just wait till next year for AMD's 4x4 dual socket crap to coe out lol

i do not think he is serious. just playing with you guys. or he's 8 year-old who has no idea what he wants to do. at least he sounds like it...

Quad cores are going to come out soon. as well as new video cards from ATI and nVidia.

Intel's quad cores are coming out November
AMD's quad cores, I'm not sure when they're coming out. I think it might be November. at least K8L is going to come out in November though (AMD's next generation of CPU's)

8 Dual AMD® Opteron® dual-core processors or 64 Intel® Itanium® 2 DC processors you pick, lol, amd isnt making quad core from what i hear, its supposed to be a dual socket for 64-x2

amd isnt making quad core from what i hear, its supposed to be a dual socket for 64-x2
yes they are. they've already made quad core 65nm wafers.

and they're making 4x4, which is the ability to put 4 quad core CPU's in one motherboard (16 cores in one motherboard). this will be in socket 1207 (server socket) though.

it will be commercially available, unlike itaniums

I stand corected apokalipse thank you fr that info I had forgot aboot that But do any compare to the PS3 cell? I think I read that it has 16 cores? I will also write a letter to PC-World for providing me with that False info according to an older mag that i read i think a month ago it stated " I don't know how AMD get's 4x4 out of dual a dual socket config, maybe we can have Intel team up with home depot to make some 2x4":p

PS3 is going to have 7 cell processors I think.
they're not quite comparable though, since its cell processors are built for one purpose. the current X86 CPU's are made to process all sorts of things.

I think I also read that some company was going to network 100 PS3's to take advantage of its ability to "pool" resources with other PS3's, but thats off the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom