Windows XP Home CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe try calling microsoft and explain your issue and maybe they will send you a replacement, or call the place you baught the computer and see if they can send you a replacement.

heres the deal, either find a torrent which really isnt hard for winXP, or ask you freinds becuase

A. we cant post links in the forum of any warez, which includes a copy of someone else's winxp disk in the form of a disk image.

B. only really other way your gonna get one

if you want me to find you some links to some useful sites or files PM me otherwise...thats it really.

however personally i would just clean the pc up. id start by

1.deleteing the kids account

2.scanning with norton (as its the AV installed) adaware, spybot SD, maybe MS antispy.

3.then id do a cleanup using CCLEANER and CLEANUP!

4. defrag the hardrive/'s - id use O&Odefrag

5. scan it with McAfee's stinger (not sure if its McAfee's but you can get it from there site i think)

6.create a new useraccount for the kid and set it to "Limited"

BTW uninstall limewire befpre deleting the account and if you still want limewire on the machine install using the admin account and it should only work for that user by default anyway.

most of this is in "warezmonster's" sig guide thingy

and BTW i would do most of that in safe mode then uninstall any junk you can find, using windows add/remove programes. performing scans in safe mode usually can stop duplicating viruses and similar stuff and also id turn off system restore if its enabled,,, and id scrap norton..yuk..if you want a free AV try avast, or AVG ..personally i hate AVG but others seem to find it helpful

IMO, I wouldnÂ’t even waste any time cleaning that computer up from what Snump explain, that thing is infested. I've seen computers just as worst as that and I've tried cleaning it up in the past but the problem will just come back, plus you can't really trust the computer anymore. It's actually faster if you just formatted and reinstall, than next time create a clone image for easy restore.

But yea, no one is allowed to post any reference to any illegal site. I don't want to encourage pirating here but no one is going to stop you so please do it else where, not here on TF. :zip:

snypercore said:
heres the deal, either find a torrent which really isnt hard for winXP, or ask you freinds becuase

A. we cant post links in the forum of any warez, which includes a copy of someone else's winxp disk in the form of a disk image.

B. only really other way your gonna get one

if you want me to find you some links to some useful sites or files PM me otherwise...thats it really.

however personally i would just clean the pc up. id start by

1.deleteing the kids account

2.scanning with norton (as its the AV installed) adaware, spybot SD, maybe MS antispy.

3.then id do a cleanup using CCLEANER and CLEANUP!

4. defrag the hardrive/'s - id use O&Odefrag

5. scan it with McAfee's stinger (not sure if its McAfee's but you can get it from there site i think)

6.create a new useraccount for the kid and set it to "Limited"

BTW uninstall limewire befpre deleting the account and if you still want limewire on the machine install using the admin account and it should only work for that user by default anyway.

most of this is in "warezmonster's" sig guide thingy

and BTW i would do most of that in safe mode then uninstall any junk you can find, using windows add/remove programes. performing scans in safe mode usually can stop duplicating viruses and similar stuff and also id turn off system restore if its enabled,,, and id scrap norton..yuk..if you want a free AV try avast, or AVG ..personally i hate AVG but others seem to find it helpful

1 to 6 = tried it.

Core system files are infected. When AVG "healed" them, the files were currupt and Windows wouldn't bopot. When it did boot it was horribly unstable.
Same thing with Norton Corporate 10.1
What happens once I have the PC up and running for a while? Popups. After all that crap.
Yes I tried ad aware, and a few other spyware apps to no avail.
After a little while, I shut down, put the drive back in my other machine - boom... it detects more viruses. I don't know where they're coming from. No, my PC is not infected.

well you know the only other option..PM if you want any help with it

but, surely you knwo someone with a winXPhome disk, even a friend of a friend or the "family techie" always 1 person someone knows thats a techie n sureley theyd have one.

if you do decide to buy a new winXP, id suggest using the kid to get it through his school and youll get a student edition i think thats much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom