Intel / microsoft deal for students

Status
Not open for further replies.

fork

Baseband Member
Now I know you are hoping to open this and see some great deal, but Sorry. But what I'm asking is if anyon knows if they are going to offer any kind of deals for college students. I know when XP came out I was going to MSOE and we got it really cheap like 25 bux if I remember. Also when I worked at circuitcity we got a deal on pentium 4s when they came out. Any one know if we can get any deals like this??

I'm in chicago.

****, I was hoping for something, atleast cheap vista so I could sell it and make some dough

Office Pro Academic version (same as regular office pro) goes for like $89 for the upgrade edition on any academic software site. Office Student n Teacher is around $129...not sure about anything else. best thing you can do is surf academic software stores online and compare them to ebay prices. I'm not sure of the legality of this, however...The EULA for these softwares would require the user to be a student/teacher and if something goes awry it could come back to you.

Vista is going to be expensive. Period.

$150 to start, and you'll have to pay $400 to get the "glass" effect.

That's a laugh. Paying more to bog your computers resources down. I'm gonna' get the most basic version there is, and download every working crack there is to get rid of Microsoft's new "features".

... Plan B is Linux :p

The most basic version is locked to 1024 res. ;)

They still do that in the UK for uni students.

fork said:
Now I know you are hoping to open this and see some great deal, but Sorry. But what I'm asking is if anyon knows if they are going to offer any kind of deals for college students. I know when XP came out I was going to MSOE and we got it really cheap like 25 bux if I remember. Also when I worked at circuitcity we got a deal on pentium 4s when they came out. Any one know if we can get any deals like this??

www.openoffice.org

That should save you some money. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom