Instability with asus k8v se deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Neeley

Beta member
Ok... first time builder here

Just purchased a bunch of hardware to build my own computer and went to put it all together and, to say the least, i am having some serious problems.

Ok... heres what i have

AMD 64 3400+
Asus k8v se deluxe mobo
Seagate 160 gb hdd
2 x Kingston Hyper X DDR2700 512mb
Ati Radeon 9800 xt 256 mb
Liteon DVD Burner
Samsung DVD Player
no floppy drive

I install Windows XP Pro.. Try to boot up computer and sometimes it will not make it all the way into windows before it reboots... On the rare occasions I do get into windows I go to try to install my drivers and software and I get blue screens with all sorts of errors... Occasionally on a windows boot it well give me the error message "One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered
by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful".

I have tried all sorts of different arrangements with the memory... Right now the two 512 sticks are in dimm 2 and 3 as the manual says to do when using 2 DDR333 chips.

I just cannot get any kind of stability out of this setup... is this a memory issue... a motherboard issue... Any ideas?

Tried all that and I still get the same crap... The memory that I am using is not on the recommended and tested memory list, but i have seen other people that are using it. I think i am going to return the 2700 and get some kingston 3200 that is not hyperc. 400 watt power supply... L&C computer company is what it says on the power supply

I'm using Kingston Hyper-X 3200 and I found that using the Asus P4c800 Deluxe I have to set the voltage a bit higher and the clock speed to 2.2.2.5 to get it to work correctly... BTW, I get better than average performance at that level also. Oh, activate the turbo mode as well. This works for the P4 setup so I think it should work for the AMD also.

Try Memtest , also remove some of the hardware thats not escential .After you get it running stable add HD and stress sytem 1 at a time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom