New computer build started!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
Hey everyone, so the first step of my build has begun:) I placed my order for my case sunday, and it shipped monday morning so it should be here within a day or so. Unfortunately this is going to be a long drawn out process due to financial constraints but its going to get done!

I hope to give you all updates as well as possibly pictures if I can arrange that, over the course of the build:)

Jared

Oops forgot those haha.

Well its going to be a Core 2 system. I'm going to be running a Core 2 Duo E6300, I've yet to decide on a motherboard though, I've got 2 weeks before I'll be buying that. I'm going with 1 gig of OCZ memory, I will upgrade to 2 gig later, I just don't have the cash at the moment for 2 gigs. For the video card I'm going with a XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX, or possible consideration of a 7900 GT, but more than likely it wil be the XXX. The case is a NZXT Apollo, in silver. The hard drive will be a Western Digital Caviar SE 16. I already have a decent sound card to get me by for a while that I just bought about 2 months ago, so no real need to upgrade just yet. I'm also going with a Lite-on DVD burner, with lightscribe. Not sure if I'm going to bother with a CD burner or not though. I also may get a fan controller, though I'm unsure about that as well.

Jared

Yeah you're pretty much in the same boat as I am when it comes to building. I ordered a e6600 Conroe last saturday, and it shipped today. But I'm only getting a few parts at a time and hope to have it built on christmas. I'm going to order myself an NZXT Apollo case too! in blue.

Btw, you said you're getting a DVD-burner, but not sure about getting a CD-burner. If it burns DVDs, it'll burn CDs for sure. I'm not sure it it'll burn CDs as fast, but it will burn.

Hey again, sorry for the LONG delay, been working alot lately and have barely had time for my computer:(

But lots of good news has arrived. Including my case, which showed up last wednesday:D I'm working on pics, but until I can get a hold of my moms digital camera they will have to wait.

I also got word from my mom that her boss just bought a brand new computer, and he is giving me his dvd burner for free, and two 300 gig SATA hard drives for 100 bucks!

I have yet to see them or get any specs on them, but once I do I'll post again.

I will be placing my order for motherboard and video card this weekend hopefully, so after that all that is left is my processor and then the memory, unfotunatly because memory is so **** expensive it will have to be one order by itself because I can't afford anything more haha. I'm going with OCZ DDR2 memory, not sure if I should go with a single stick of 1 gig memory just to get me by for now and then buy another stick later, or if I should just go that extra little bit and just get 2 gigs right off the bat, more specifically this memory, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1882393&CatId=0 , any ideas?

The motherboard I'm going with is a good one, or so it seems from what I've read. It is a Gigabyte 965P DS3, which seems to be a really nice motherboard. I think I may get a new Northbridge heatsink/fan and I'm for sure getting a new CPU heatsink/fan because I have heard that the fans that come with the Core 2 Duo's aren't the greatest so hopefully that will fix that problem.

Thats all for now, hopefully by next week I will have pictures and a new update:D

Jared

Oh!

Could anyone give me suggestions on a video card that is in the same price range as the XFX GeForce 7600 GT XXX 256 MB, but better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom