USB storage device

Status
Not open for further replies.

parkie871

Beta member
my usb storage will not work properly. Here are the symptoms
1. USB storage will not show in My Computer.
I HAVE TRIED GOING TO DISK MANAGEMENT AND ASSIGNING A DRIVE LETTER. (putting this in bold cuz thats what everyone else told me to do to fix the problem).
2. USB will not show in My Computer when i go to Start-> My Computer, but will show when i go to it through a program ie Microsoft Word (after i do the above step and assign a drive letter, that is).
3. When i take the usb out and then plug it back in, it shows up in disk management but has no drive letter again (but the drive letter i assigned earlier is not available. ie if i assigned a drive letter E and then take the usb out and plug it back in, E is not available ne more)
4. I can store data and view the files through programs like microsoft word. (that is after i do step 1)
4. Everything else works fine. I can connect my printer, and mp3 and transfer songs there and stuff.

Have you tried to open My Computer (or the run box) and type the drive letter into the address bar?

Bad USB stick might be to blame, have you also tried this USB stick on another computer? Does it give similar results?

well some USB storage device have Drive that you may be in need to install

or els that means that you have bad USB storage device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom