cables for new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I've noted a computer sure has a lot of cables. I was wondering:

If you buy off the internet a hard drive, optical drive, whatever, do they come with the cable needed to connect to motherboard? Or do you have to buy that separately?

The power supply has a whole nest of connections. Do these connectors come with the power supply when you buy it off the internet or do you have to get it separately?

Also I note there's a nest of wires for the controls and ports of the case. Do they come with motherboard or do you have to buy them separately too?

If you buy off the internet a hard drive, optical drive, whatever, do they come with the cable needed to connect to motherboard? Or do you have to buy that separately?
Generally, you'll find that your motherboard comes with ample interface cables to get the job done (IDE or SATA cables). Also, you usually end up buying OEM hard drives and optical drives, therefore no cables.

he power supply has a whole nest of connections. Do these connectors come with the power supply when you buy it off the internet or do you have to get it separately?
A PSU will usually have more than enough connectors for everything. However, not every PSU comes with SATA connectors. Luckily, Molex-to-Sata converters normally come with motherboards as well.

Also I note there's a nest of wires for the controls and ports of the case. Do they come with motherboard or do you have to buy them separately too?
This usually comes attached to the case itself. They just have to be plugged into the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom