e6300 overclock temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
El_Roberto said:
yea i think that installing the stock hsf is a joke too when i went to put it in it took me bout half an hour and i nearly broke my $400 mb, turns out that the little things you got to push down had turned around during shipping or sumthing and they were in the wrong position!

Ditto man. I hated putting in the stock HSF. I has to shake my mobo around a bit just to make sure it wouldn't fall out. It did fall out a bunch of times before I figured out how to make all of those push thingys stay down. I thought I was going to crack my motherboard.

agreed... i was very scared my mobo was going to break while putting on my hsf.... hopefully putting on my scythe ninja won't be as difficult.. but based on my friends installation of the thermaltake big typhoon, it should be pretty easy....

as for the thermal paste part.. maybe that is my problem... i'll try taking more thermal paste off when i get back from san diego later on tonite... maybe that'll fix my temp problems... i was back from sd earlier this morning and had taken some of the paste off and it did drop my temps back to 49.... so maybe i need to take some more off and i'll be right back down to 38-40 idle... but it don't matter.. scythe ninja coming in tomorrow... lol

You know i had the same experience with the stock heatsink...

i actually took out the motherboard and mounted the heatsink whilst the mobo was out so i could support it from behind... (and check those rubbish plastic heads had popped through fully.) - All together an inadequate mount id say. And it would be interesting if someone did snap their mobo doing it... as the instructions tell u to mount the heatsink with the mobo installed. Would they be able to claim that it was not their fault and get their money back? Id guess not... but its so obviously a rubbish mount.

ok...so my temps for my E6400 @ 3.4Ghz are around 35C Idle and 50C Load...i'd never used Artic Silver 5 before this so i might've put a little too much on but since it still runs relatively cool i'm not too worried.

do you guys think i should take some off or will it even make much of a difference?

ive never used as5 before but i would have thought that it probably wouldnt make much difference.

also would somone be able to download pc wizard 2006 i really want to see what kind of core temps you are getting while overclocked past 3ghz

Edit; just oc'ed to 2.1 and it gave a whole 0.05 fps difference using the css video stress test lol, guess my video card is just too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom