which video card?...NOT for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankbandit

Baseband Member
what's a good video card to buy? i read a lot of posts bout video cards for the coolest games out there. i don't care bout that. games don't interest me. although i have a lot of pics that i upload from my digi camera. so, u know, i want good quality but not for video games.
thanks

ATI makes the best card for visual quality in my opinion. I had the Radeon 9000 Pro for a while and loved it. I am sure you can find it for a pretty good price right now as it was only 120ish when it first came out about a year and a half ago. If you want something a little newer you can go for the Radeon 9200 series. If you are going to invest in a graphics card you might as well get one that has some features. An older all in wonder card will let you do some video caputure stuff if you are interrested in that, otherwise just stick with a regular version.

I would go with the Radeon 9600 XT. Got good ooomph, almost new technology and pretty reasonable.

just because you dont game getting a cheap low end video card is usless. Your better off not owning a computer .A good video card makes a tremendous difference across the board .Especially if you Video edit or watch movies :)

Cappy said:
just because you dont game getting a cheap low end video card is usless.

Agreed. Video cards were not made for just gamming. Video editing and stuff is a huge part of the graphics field. It makes the biggest difference in gamming which is why its a big deal, but if you are going to get one, then get something worth your money.

How much are you willing to spend?

um, my new system that i'm building is manily gonna be for music editing. that sort of stuff. of course i want quality but i don't wanna get what i don't NEED. i mean, i don't want these high end capabilities if i'm never gonna use em. i don't wanna spend over a hundred bones. preferrably around 75 or so.
thanks all

I still say go with the 9600 they are good for their price, and Work very well with Digital Editing and stuff, My old comp had one, and my dad editted alot on them

thanks for the suggestions....i think i'm gonna go w/ the radeon 9200. the 9600 is stretching what i wanna pay. 64 bones seems like a good deal.

The 9200 is a great card for the money, the 9200 and FX 5200 (Nvidia) are almost the same cards, except the FX has DX9 support, which is useless because it can't handle it anyways.

You'll be fine with the 9200, you'll be able to play most games on it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom