Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Joshly

Baseband Member
Ok, I recently posted a thread about a Dell GX270, which was getting errors, and i found that the hard drive was faulty, i replaced the hard drive, and it worked, next i replaced the BIOS battery, because it didn't have much 'juice' left in it. Now, I installed Windows XP.. well tried, and still trying to. Windows gets to the bit where it says Installing Devices, and then the monitor goes blank, and it's light turns amber. Now, I can still hear hard drive, and CD drive activity, I don't know if this is something to do with the graphics, but it displays POST and BIOS, but it suddenly turns off there.
My specs are as follows:
Dell GX270
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz (HT)
512 MB of DDR RAM (2 X 256 MB)
20 GB Hard drive (it has not been formatted, as I still need the data already on it, this may be causing errors, but i'm not sure, I can take the data off of it, and then format it.)
Onboard Intel Extreme Graphics 2

Windows XP version:
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Please Help

my guess would be that your onboard video is on its way out, u can try a different video card and c is that helps it most likely will..

Hehe, the card popped out slightly because i'm not supposed to use it with this dell, but don''t worry now.. but now I have another problem.. Probably caused by this g card, now the screen goes blank as soon as i get anywhere near windows, even on the cd!

Ok, so I put in the AGP graphics card, and it has the same problem, so it probably isn't be the onboard... I am thinking that the motherboard is faulty, although, I have heard reports of people getting problems with installing Windows XP on a hard drive that is not formatted, and has just been taken straight out of a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom