Question about CPU / RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Whats the difference if I overclock my x2 4200 to 2.6 and memory running at 240mhz or Ocing it to 2.9 and memory running at same speed 240mhz?

Should my memory speed be faster at 2.9? Or is my OC fine?

What if I OC it to 3ghz and memory only running at 200-220mhz, would the memory be to slow or is it just fine?

You'll see more performance improvement with higher CPU clocks, than higher memory clocks. However, if you can get a good CPU OC, while maintaining good clocks with the RAM - you'll have a very nice OC.

sure memory overclocks help and you should always try and get the best possible memory overclock, for the best cpu overclock you can get.

as was said always favour cpu over memory. it will give you more performance. simple proof. why do higher clocked versions of the same processor perform far better than lower clocked versions with the same memory. because cpu clock is more important :)

Alright cool I get it.

Well I OC'ed my X2 4200 to 2.9Ghz - 1.45v - G.skill Dual 2gb Ram at 243Mhz each [3-3-3-5]! Took all night messing with the timings and everything but it seems to be stable.

As of right now im stress testing the CPU and Ram. Full load temps are at 52-54c. Will let you guys know the results later when I wake up, but what do you guys think about the OC & Temps on full load?

[Edit] Got it to 3ghz but was unstable in Orthos. :mad:
[Edit] Also whats the difference in performance or will I even notice with HT set at 2 or 4? Right now its set at 2.

Rig is in my sig.

Well it passed! Havent seen many X2's hit 2.9 or over. I wonder if I can hit 3ghz or more... :)

9h30mstressio7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom