I like this board but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty2991

Solid State Member
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2530051&CatId=14

The mobo&cpu combo looks good to me and I can also use the ram I already have in this pc in it. But I don't really know anything about AMD processors Ive always used intel.

Before I get started Id like to say Ive only brought this up because its the only board Ive found that comes with a decent processor, has a PCIe slot and is in my price range. But anywho, Ive always heard AMD is more of a gaming processor (which I plan on playing online FPS's like BF2), but isnt 2.4ghz kinda slow to run games? How is it different than Intel in that It can run stuff better? Basically what Im trying to ask is, is that processor good for gaming?

2.4 in amd world is good the combo looks good but the name is what worries me but i dont now much so maybe it ius good

If you have DDR RAM, then you should be able to use it.

The AMD 3700 is equal to a 3.7GHz P4.

VIA chipsets are horrible. Nforce is the most reliable chipset out there. The chipset is the mother board. Get a ''nForce4'' chipset mobo from any variouse mobo manufacturers and youll have it for a long time with no major problems.

VIA chipset is very unreliable and badly made. Arent very compatible with other chipsets, including gpu chipsets. (nvidia and ati)

VIA doesn't like ATI graphics cards. i found this out with my old computer.

I dunno about that but Ive had my via board for about 4 years now and works fine with my nvidia geforce 5700 :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom