Help with PC problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
well maybe static eletricity? Did you do anyhting to provent it form happening?

If it was the harddrive the computer would still have lcd display.

Make sure the ram is in there right that might be a issue with no display on the screen. If the Cpu was bad the bois would still start up and stuff but u would see issuees with beeping any stuff. Might be the motherboard gone bad? Make sure u have your ram in there right that is about the most useful thing i can think of at this time.

Ok when I look at the CPU while its ont he Mobo...Half of the CPU (the top portion) pins arent going into the mobo? Is this normal or should all the pins be fully inside the mobo and not see-able?

Im not fully sure what you just described. You should not ne able to see the CPU, it should be covered by some sort of Heatsink, with a fan on it...?

The CPU should be set into place and snapped shut, nothing visible but the top portion.

Yes I know before I put the heatsink on, I place the CPU into the socket. When I look at it from the side half the pins arent into the socket.

I'm pretty sure that all of the pins have to be in the socket. That's probably your problem there. When you were moving it around you must have pulled some of the pins up or something along those lines. Make sure all of the pins are properly in place and see if that works.

Hmm maybe... when I place the CPU you in, I try to force - push the cpu pins in but they just wont go all the way in?

Can I get some opinions please so I can go ahead and buy a new cpu if that is whats wrong?

Well I think it would POST ,even if the cpu is bad, and it would make some beeping noises for sure if that was the case.

If I were you I would just keep subing out parts and trying to find the problem. Its hard for me to help, Im a hands on type of person.

If you cant figure it out and the computer is worth the trouble, take it to a professional to have them look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom