AMD 4x4 available next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is aimed at servers. it'll be good for businesses that need the processing power.

AMD's designing the quad cores so that they don't use much power (about as much as a single core apparently) and therefore it'll cost less

4X4 means lower latencies between CPU's, and less systems to maintain (compared to an equivalent amount of cores without 4x4) which means lower costs

I am suspecting that AMD's quad cores are going to be faster than Intel's aswell. I've been looking around at what they are changing in the architecture, and chip design.

What?? LOL

I said that way before, but people kept insisting that 4x4 was just a term meant to describe a quad-core CPU.

I was thinkin on waiting for the 4x4 to come out next month so I can buy it... but few month later the core quad will come out on 2007 around the first few month.... but I just want to go with amd this time... I had a little too much problems with the pentium... I just want something for gaming... any advise about what I want to do... please feel free to do so.. thanks

Honestly, this sounds great, but games today aren't real dependent on the CPU. I want to see gaming benefits from dual-core before I start considering an upgrade to quad-core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom