New motherboard. As simple as repairing the OS instead of reinstalling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I've always read that when you install a new motherboard you have to reinstall Windows. I read a tutorial that claimed it's as simple as just repairing the operating system with the Windows XP disc. Is this true? If so, I'm going to do it because I've had nothing but trouble with this mobo and I want to switch back to my old one.

Well, I will go ahead and do it today if it's that simple. If not, I will wait some other day to reinstall all of my ****.

That's why you should have never bought an Abit. They have such a high rate of problems. I hate mine and wish i had the money to get a new board.

Snake-Eyes said:
That's why you should have never bought an Abit. They have such a high rate of problems. I hate mine and wish i had the money to get a new board.
Well, I was using an Epox, which was working fine. But it had really bad voltages (same low voltages using two different PSUs). So, I had this Abit laying around and I figured I would give it a try to see if I could OC better. Voltages are better with this board but the CPU temps aren't being read right and I can't install Ubuntu because it can't detect the network interface. I'm gonna put the Epox back in.

Got the other mobo installed. The repair worked just fine. I don't know why I've seen so many people say you have to reinstall.

because a clean install works better. there isn't a lot of crud (useless files) laying around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom