S video out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. I have a ATI readon 9600 pro. I just got a S video out cable tonight and i dunno what is wrong.. but the picture on my tv is black and white not color... I dunno what is wrong but i checked there website and they do not mention this problem for windows XP... Does anyone know what i can do?

Be sure your TV settings are correct (located in ATI's control panel). Settings should be tuned to S-Video and NTSC.

Also, have you tried plugging into another TV? I used to have the problem past with a certain GeForce3 card under Windows 2000 - apparently XP fixed the problem, but after re-installing win2k on the machine, the problem occured again.

If supplied, try using a composite (RCA) cable and see if the same results.

As a first resort, I suggest using TV Tool (helped with my win2k issue)

well i am using ntsc and it is still black and white. I think this guy gave me the wrong cable becuase he gave me a S-video to a RCA connector. On the S video adaptor.. there are two wires comming out and only 1 wite from there to the tv. So i dunno..

ATI has similar tools, if you go to your display properties, click on the "settings" tab, andon the Advanced button. You will see the ATI Monitor properties. If you click on the Displays tab you should see an option for your TV. Make any necessary adjustments if needed.

Also, if you don't see this, try to update your video driver.

i just returned the cable becuase i decided to sleve my computer. Thanks anyway. BTW... the guy told me that it wont be such goodo quality if it was color.. so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom