E6400 owners, what CPU heatsinks do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
Right now im running stock, idle temps around 50 C, after overclocking to 2.6 ghz. Im looking to buy something easy to install and that WORKS.

PS I tried a Zalman 9500, did not lower temps at all.

I have no patience. No I really didnt wait. Temperatures were exactly the same is the stock are now.

I'm using a CNPS 9500 too and I'm not *too* impressed with it.

I'm at 44C right now in a fairly warm room though. Whats your CPU voltage set at?

Also, when applying arctic 5 thermal paste you do not want to just put a rice sized bead in the center and press it down and let it spread. Arctic 5 has revised the instructions to run a bead down the center of the processor... I have not tried the revised directions, instead I applied a fine film across the whole processor with a credit card and it lowered my temp a few more degrees.

The fan was directed such that it pushes air out the back towards the rear case fan?

The big scythe coolers for socket 775 are a joke. They use the same mounting push-pins as the stock intel heat sinks. They wont even fit on an ASUS P5B-Deluxe because they wont clear the capacitors (yes I've seen the mounting modifcation threads on other boards).

Zalman is coming out with a CNPS 9700 which is even larger than the 9500. I am not bought on the 'heatpipe' technology though. I believe a thermal advantage is gained by having the CPU heat transfer directly to the heat dissipating fin such as in the CNPS 7700.

*deep thoughts by UA_Iron*

Volts at 1.368

Zalman was directing air out the rear exhaust fan. I did apply the AR5
in straight line like the website suggested. Same results.

Might try the CNPS 7700. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom