Ipod and Windows 98 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
Got a question for the techies at TF:

A friend of mine just bought an IPod nano 2GB, but his computer is a Windows 98SE computer, and ITunes needs Windows 2000 SP4.

Is there a way to use the Ipod without using a new OS? The computer is really old, Pentium 2, 128MB RAM...

Should I install an old version of ITunes for him? Or tell him to return the IPOD?

i'm not particularly familiar with iPods (in other words i've held them once or twice and that's it :p) but is iTunes the only software that can be used with them? any third party software on a google search :confused:? normally when a manufacturer has such stupid restrictions a smart programmer gets around them e.g. "gthing" and LG phones for installing java apps without downloading via WAP.

http://www.ephpod.com/download.shtml

ephpod is a good program to use, it works on windows 98SE, just follow the simple steps on the download page for install on 98SE. im not too sure about nano's but i used to use it with my mini.

this is also a good program for people who want to get songs off an ipod (as itunes doesn't allow it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom