New build for $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I have a maximum of £800 ($1500) to spend on a new pc, primarily, i'd like it for gaming and preferably, i'd like to spend less than £800 :p and well, to be perfectly honest, i'd rather not go over £600 ($1130) but hey, needs must.

Um, this is what I have at the moment, if any of it could be salvaged, fantastic:

AMD sempron 3000+
EPoX 8NPA SLi mobo
1gb Crucial pc3200 RAM
WinFast PX6800gs extreme version GFX card
80gb (yes i know, i know) IDE naff-fest HDD. But i need to keep it because it has all my stuff on it.
Hiper 480w PSU
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 pro
Jeantech Phong case
And all the various bits and pieces such as DVD drive, floppy drive, CD drive etc etc.
That just about covers it...

And yeah, like I said if any could be salvaged then Brilliant, because that means I save even more. But anyhoo, what do you all think I can I get for that budget?

Thanks

For $1k you can get an
-e6600
-a very nice mobo
-2gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM
-you can keep your current gfx card for now and get a next gen DX10 card when they come out in a few months
-probably a nice 600-700W powersupply
-a WD or Seagate 320GB
-and you can salvage the various bits and pieces that you mention such as the dvd drive, etc.

That sounds pretty good. Thanks very much for all that, it's really helpful. :)

What're the DX10 cards about? I haven't really been keeping up-to-date with new releases recently...

And if you could suggest a good mobo that'd be brilliant.

That sounds pretty good for the price. Has some good reviews too.
And the SLi boards sound even better :p

How much are we talking for the newer GFX cards? Because i'm thinking they're probably gonna be quite expensive... and is R600 a differnet name for what it will be, cus i've just read something about R580 being the same as the x1900xtx... or am i being thick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom