Hows this for $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say aim for a x2 3800+ there like $150 or around there might be a little cheaper if u dig for one. and if you are happy with the parts i would say get them. you know what the comptuer is beign used for but i woudl say get something better then a 3000+.

OK I think I'm decided on the 3700+, 1gb ram, and that mobo......the video card will come much later on, as I don't game much. Will I see a difference in performance with these parts compared to my current sig?

EDIT: schulz, I'm not interested in dual core for now. It's not like I multitask alot either. I can always get it next year.

b1gapl said:
I meant in his sig. It says his 3500+ is at 1.85GHz, instead of the stock 2.0.

The Athlon 3500 has 2.2Ghz stock. That is what mine is set to, and mine was pre-built from Best Buy.

I actually think you'll be fine for now unless you're trying to play new games like oblivion or fear. If you really have to have it now it's fine but i'd recommend saving some more money first. Even a 3700+ proc isn't too much more and a card with dedicated video will give you a very decent system. If you could try and save like another $100-200 you'd have a nice rig.

As I said before, I don't play games much like oblivion or fear. For now I just need it, because one of my bro's computer broke and I'm giving him my current sig...also using it as a folding comp too. But thanks to everybody who replied.

EDIT: I have another question. The mobo that I want to order says the onboard as 6150B and the others I see have no B next to the number. What does this mean?

EDIT: And I know this has been talked about forever, but what is the 3700+ equal to in terms of the intel P4.

Mine is underclocked because I am having some heat issues.... I need to get some AS5, but I have neither the time nor money to spend right now re-doing the thermal compound, so I just have it underclocked.... gets the job done for WoW, since thats ALL it's used for right now... lol

The 3700+ would be about equal to a 3.7 Ghz P4.

OK, I got a little bit more money. About $130-150. And I was thinking of adding the 7600GT. The only games I play are CSS, waiting to play BF2 since I upgraded, LOTR: Battle of Middle Earth 2, and SC. With a 3700+, 1gb ram, and 7600GT, what settings can I expect on the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom