Samsung LE40R51B 40" LCD:-

1x HDMI (with HDCP)
2x SCART
1x Composite Video (RCA)
1x S-Video (4 pin min DIN)
1x 15 pin mini D-sub
1x audio in (mini jack)
1x Headphone socket

I am interested in connecting my laptop to this screen, not at all sure whether they are compatible to be honest, tried using VGA to VGA (blue plug pc connection - samsung would call it) it brings up the desktop but no icons no mouse etc, any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Sounds like the 40" is set as a extended desk top. If you move the mouse off the edge (usually default is right edge) you should get the cursor on the 40".

If you want the 40" as your primary display. right click desktop- properties-settings tab- Advamced button-

Should have a tab or somethign with a display manager.

Should see a list of the different screen types ie: LCD, S-video, D-sub/VGA, DVI

click on the button that says D-sub or VGA and look for a check box that says make primary display and check it.

That should make the icons show up on the 40" and that be your main display and the laptop screen icons disapear.

at this time i would disable the laptops screen so that you dont run into problems with video playback and games, ect

hope that helps

Awesome pal thank you, do you think it is possible 2 extend my windows to the 40" monitor and have both not that it really matters.:D

yeah. In the same are where it says to set monitors as primary and stuff. there should also be a option box to "extend my desktop to this screen"

your start toolbar will then extend accross both screens. that option usually works best though when you got multiple equal sized monitors side by side. going from different sized monitors is weird at times because the cursor will track different from one to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom