Bios-cmos, 7950gx2 ???? Helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

codvir

Beta member
Dear All,
My English is not native.

THE PROBLEM:
the first time I am turning the power on, everything is OK. when I am restarting the computer (without truning of the power) I am getting the following message (in the bios - dos - screen)
"WARNING! NOW SYSTEM IS IN SAFE MODE"
"PLEASE RE-SETTING CPU FRQUENCY IN THE CMOS SETUP"
if I do not do something the system keep rebooting. if I force it to boot by pressing F1 the system loads.
when I am turning the power off and then turning it on again, the system loads great in the first time but then if I restart the same problem is again.
I tried 2 diferrent 7950GX2 cards and the same is hapend. when I switch to 7800GTX everything is working great. that why I am contact you.
I also tried to switch the bios battery and I have the same problem.

Configuration:
AMD FX 62 dual core
gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 NVIDIA chip
1 LEADTEK PX 7950 GX2 TDH
4g (kingston DDR2)
Thermaltek 680 Pure power suplly
2 WD SATA 10,000rpm HD
2 CDS
1 follopy
1 Creative sound blaster X-FI
1 Zalman for the Cpu

the system is running WIN XP Pro

BIOS is updated to F5
mother board and display driver is updated.
NO OVERCLOCKING made before and in the CMOS setup everything is on AUTO

I reallt don't know what do.

I hope I provide details.
Best Regards,
Dvir Cohen

can't really help you w this...but just to let you know that Windows XP won't recognise 4G of RAM. It utilizes max of 3G RAM. and 4G RAM will slow your comp down...

I agree, it's probabbly a motherboard problem.

he says it only happens with the 7950 GX2. does that need SLI support to work properly? (it does have two GPU's)

keyser09 said:
no man that mobo should be able to run 8...im thinking its sumthing 2 do with the mobo..

The motherboard supports 8GB, but Windows XP only supports 3GB. The more RAM you have, the more cacheing you have. Basically, the computer has to search ALL the RAM you have to find one file. So, in your case, the computer has to go through 4GB of RAM total, even if you are only using a small bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom