Word 2002 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Blitzkrieg.

Solid State Member
Didn't know exactly where to post this at so if it's in the wrong forum, please move it. Here is my problem:

I have Microsoft Word 2002 (included in my Microsoft Works Suite 2006) on my computer and just recently it's been having a problem with opening saved documents or starting the program up itself. When I try to open a document or start the program I get this message:

problem.png

The whole other parts of the suite work fine, it's just word is acting up. I tried putting in the CD I installed it with, and it sat and di nothing. So I tried to go into the CD contents and manually try and find the setup file, I found it, clicked on it and it gave me a error message for the "setup launcher"

I haven't tried the option of trying to uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs window becuase I don't know if I can reinstall it once I've uninstalled since the setup launcer is acting up.

Any idea on what's wrng with it? Please don't say to buy the program over, I bought the entire Works Suite 2006 and I'm not going to go buy the Office because I don't really like it at all.

Please help?
Thanks in advanced.

Also: I read on Microsoft.com about the recent security update giving problems with users who have Word 2002, so I uninstalled the security update and that didn't seem to fix the problem. Also my Windows Live Messenger is acting funny where I get an error message as well.

It's no virus or spyware related. I've done double, even triple scans and only found low treat spyware and got rid of them.

Click the "To see what data this error report contains click here" and tell me/us what it says, or take a shot of it, and post it here.

__Camouflage__ said:
Click the "To see what data this error report contains click here" and tell me/us what it says, or take a shot of it, and post it here.

Ok, I did what you said to do and this is what it gave me back:

problem2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom