SLOW in GAMING WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combo2049

Baseband Member
hey guys I have problems with my computer and I dont know why? I play Battlefield 2 very often.... and I also have all the expension packs.... here is everything I have on my comptuer...

System:
Microsoft windows XP Professional with service pack 2

Intel pentium 4 CPU 3.4GHz overclock to 3.75GHz.
3.00GB or Ram

Video card: ATI1900XTX

I mean 3.00 GB of ram is a lot!... but it still lags during the game.. I dont know why? any advised would help please... thank you

Could be a driver problem. Make sure that your video card has the latest drivers, and make sure Windows is updated.

Spyware? Viruses?

That'll all slow it down.

Make sure you have the latest version of Direct X also.

Basically latest drivers for everything as well.

3 gig of ram holy crap. 0_0

Can I steal your computer?

everything is up to date.... I restart my computer like new!... but nothing it does play better now... but when I play Flight simulater it plays like I need a better CPU... which I was thinkin on buying a AMD FX... or a core 2.... but I think I will go with AMD because its more for gaming... but on the other hand core 2 is one of the best out there right now... but I also read that 4x4 will come out next month..... so maybe I will wait... :-(

oh one more thing... I use a 23 inch apple cinema display... which the resolution is 1920x1200 can this be the problem? thats what I think... maybe am not sure...

Yea I don't see why your computer slows down when gaming, you have very good components. Maybe you can try formatting and install a fresh copy of windows and update with latest drivers and such from there. I think that happened to me once and all I did was format and everything is normal again. Also I hear that 2gb of ram is optimal for everything including gaming...any more then that is unneccessary, and could slow down.

maybe its not stable to be overclocked and the game don't like it?

b1gapl: Windows don't support more then 2gbs of ram and any more of it well slow down the computer so ur right on that part :D

the resolution might be a problem try useing a smaller res. andsee if it helps. I would go for the C2D right now its better then AMD at the moment and alot of hte chips overclock great.

Try taking out a gig of RAM.

1920x1200 is really big, so that might be a problem with gaming.

Might be your Gcard i was same problem with a computer i build for a customer went threw the usal troubleshooting then poped out the card and put in a new one off the shelf boom works perfect.

It's gotta to be your resolution, granted your card is a fantastic model. But still having something running at that kinda res will take the wind out of the best of sails. Also to is your game lagging on online or just singleplayer? Cos your internet connection maybe another factor to consider into the equation. Also too do you happen to put on any Anistropic Filtering or Anti-Aliasing or any other type of rendering? If so try turning it off, also too just make sure your hard drive is defragged and all that kind of basic maintenance stuff.

I know you probably have looked into this stuff, so hopefully this helps you out a bit. If it doesn't then good luck trying to solve the problems, mate.

hhhhhhmmmm..

on one more thing I have to pointed out is that 1 GHz of ram is Coursair and the other 2Ghz are OCZ DDR2... which are the same speed as the Cosair.... I couldnt buy the cousair because they are waaaaaay too expensive I think about $400 something like that... maybe now its cheaper..... but back in the days is just too much money for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom