NEWS... TF and TH are MOVED to NEW HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hi EVERYONE!!!

While this has been a LOOONNNNGGGG time coming... we moved the site to its OWN dedicated server with a "reliable" hosting provider :)

YES... this site is on its OWN box!!!!
and will basically only host this site (we might add a few others)

You should (or hopefully) notice a nice improvement in speed and performance.

FINALLY!!! :D

The old hosting provider SUCK!!!!
They gave horrible support and the up time and problems and other stuff.... well, they just sucked!

I'm so RELIEVED to be off that old server.

I know a few issues might arise (links or path issues, etc), but PLEASE post them here

I will be fixing them ASAP

so you finally found another host, great work Larry :) i had the suspicion when i got the "we are doing work on the site" message, it was kinda obvious to me. so now we can badmouth Viper all we want eh? yeah they did suck a lot

Thanks Larry for your efforts and improvements to this site. We know it takes alot of time and dedication but it definitely is worth it, it adds that special quality that all of us look for in a forum.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

P.S. Viper SUCKS! :)

Ya see back in the 80's there was this great TV show with a macho TV star. He always wore black... had this really bad haircut that he "thought" was soooo cool. Really looked like he just got careless w/ his curling iron. And he drove around in a black car that he called "Kit". Occasionally you could see the car talk back to him and shoot some missiles and stuff... but nothing special. His show was later cancelled and he was caught stalking girls on the beach.

Oops!..err.....sorry, wrong show. Nevermind.

Oh yeah, I've noticed a HUGE increase in speed! My dial up iMac is having an absolute ball surfing the site now!:D
Great work Larry, glad you've got things going your way!:)

No....seriously.....what are the specs of the TF server?

LOL.....

Kidding,
On a serious note....thats all you need!
I host (to this day) an FTP site for music that gets 20 downloads a day (AVG) but it's a nice little 466MHz that does't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom