What video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToXiC11

Solid State Member
What video card should i get to upgrade my radeon 9550 256mb. I want to play the newer games like (bf 2142, etc.). I tried playing BF 2142 demo with this card on lowest but some places my FPS was really low. O yeah, i also have a budget of $200-$150. ALSO THE VIDEO CARD HAS TO BE AGP

I have:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ ~2.2 GHZ
512 mb ram

This should do you right I would like to think, If you have the card that I think you do, the core clock is around 250 and the memory clock is at 400?, so this should be a nice upgrade. Hope that helps

More Ram, I would say at least 1 gb. I recommend Nvidia graphics cards. For BF2, its needs to be 7 series.

AGP is dead my friend.

But bascially If I were you I would buy a new system, its not worth it to upgrade your system. Christmas is just around the corner, ask Santa.

if you have the money, yes get a new build, otherwise, focus on a 7 series (7600s) (or 7900gto/x if you're rich... but then you can get a new build... right?) after the vid get more ram. if gaming does not come first on your list, then upgrade ram before video card.

If you keep your rig running nice at all times, no bs software running, and you defrag it regularly, there is no real need for any hardware upgrades besides ram and a graphics card. That machine should last you for sometime to come. But if you are a gaming enthusiatist, you might want to get a new build, if the funds are there.

Sorry if there are any typo-s I am in a rush. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom