Joining Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAID0 will do it but this will limit the amound of data transfer because they have to be on a single IDE cable. It will still give a performance boost over 2 single drives.

RAID configurations can utilize methods other than IDE to be set up... If your motherboard supports RAID via SATA, you have that option open.

so is there a way to raid a ide 80gb and a ide 40gb and get 120gb or will it just stay at 80gb

I think I've read about something called JBOD, "Just a Bunch Of Disks", supposedly related to RAID, that allows to join several physical drives under a single logical unit. Anyone know of this technology?

^ I know what JBOD is and does, but i don't have the slightest clue about how to set it up. It does exactly what OP needs, so off to google you go!

Haha, exactly my thoughts when I posted.

EDIT:

Ok, I did a quick google search. Didn't threw too much info, but I did find a manual for configuring RAID/JBOD in Asrock motherboards. JBOD config on page 19. I'm guessing from this that the necessary instructions will be in your motherboard's manual.

I thought the way to setup RAID is, while you're installing a fresh install of windows, it asks to press F6 to load some RAID drivers. And it goes on from there.

well i got a 80gb sata and i was hoping i could raid it with my 80gb ide but the ide is not showing up in the raid menu, what do i do to raid the ide with the sata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom