A Quick Question about RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
I'm interested on RAID 0ing 2 250gb sata drives, but I only have the cash to buy one at the moment. I was wondering, if i went ahead and installed my OS etc on the drive i'm buying first, would I still be able to set it up in RAID with the other drive when I get it, while still keeping everything I have installed? Thanks

~Shando

No I don't think so, you would have to format and install a fresh copy. Because with RAID 0 it's like interlacing information spread over the two HDs.

I have a 160 gb IDE drive, and a 15 gb IDE drive, can I run RAID 0? 1 is maxtor, 1 is samsung... How would I install the RAID0 at installation?

Sorry for hijacking thread :p

they dont have to be the same size, but if one is 15 gb and the other is 150 gb, it scales the 150gb one down to 15gb. so then there's two 15gb drives

R1C0CH3T said:
they dont have to be the same size, but if one is 15 gb and the other is 150 gb, it scales the 150gb one down to 15gb. so then there's two 15gb drives

True. But the total Space for RAID 0 would be 30 GB's: if he was doing RAID 1 with a 15GB and a 150GB then it would be 15GB total storage.
Just further explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom