Socket 939 or AM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
more like 1.8ghz with a 2mb cache. but dont look at the ghz, becuase the core 2 duo is way!!! more effiecent in doing more with less horsepower.

Well, I had just a quick spec build up from my local computer shop (www.atcomputer.com.au) and the prices match up as following: (remember these are in AUD).

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 CPU / 2.13GHZ / 2MB CACHE / 1066FSB =$350

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6600 CPU / 2.40GHZ / 4MB CACHE / 1066FSB
=$480

****! that 4mb cache one looks so tempting and so good... shame about the price... $480AUD

Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (not listed on computer shop website, but they can get it in, full specs below... i think this is compatiable)
http://www.asrock.com/product/775Dual-VSTA.htm

So what's the main advantage with gaming about having such a large cache i.e. 2mb or 4mb?

So a cpu with a 2mb cache opposed to that of a 512kb cache, running on the same amount of ghz, will you notice a significant performance increase?
Also just another quick question while im here, If I buy an X800GTO 256mb/256bit card, would it bottleneck my current system (in my sig, so before upgrading).

**EDIT** Sorry also, what are the temps like for the Core Duo Processors? Enough room for overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom