win xp activation screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.

El_Roberto

In Runtime
when i went to reactivate my copy of windows xp bot 10 days ago after purchasing a new hdd it wont let me activate it again says it has been re installed too many times and is no longer ligit, does anyone know a way i can fix this because it will be another 2-3 months b4 i can afford to buy another copy and i dont really want to pay another $200.

note i have reinstalled it about 5 times

Call Microsoft. That is the only way to legally fix it, therefore the only way to fix it according to Tech-Forums:D

k i just rang the number on the activation page and it came up with that really annoying press 1 for blah blah, press 2 for blah blah,etc and when it said to put in the first six digits of the number on the page it hang up on me when i finished!!!!

note there was no option to talk to anyone the whole thing is that stupid program thing

k i just tried again and it now works the guy didnt even mentoin it being installed too many times

dude the same thing happened 2 me but i just reformatted my hd and then tried again then it worked i have xp pro oem as well.

after 120days i think it is, you can activate as normal..but otherwise you have to manually punch in the codes on the phone and wait for the computer operator to say invalid before you get the option to talk to a real person...one that speaks bad english

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom