Screensaver password

Status
Not open for further replies.

william232

Baseband Member
How do i put a password on a screensaver my laptop is windows xp Home edtion is this possible? i know it can be done wit windows xp pro and windows 98 can it?

Go into the display properties in the control panel then the screen saver tab. You will see the option to turn the password on.

william232 said:
all i see is

On Resume,Display Welcome Screen

I believe that does the same thing, I also have it say "On Resume, Display Welcome Screen". I might be wrong.

Also I think you have to change the way you login I think for it to work. I'll take a look into it since I'm on a Windows machine right now.

I just varified that you need to change the way you login in order to get that "On, resume. Password protect"

Go to control panel>User Accounts. Select "Change the way users log on or off" and uncheck "Use the Welcome screen" and apply the option.

its just for 2nite because i am going to my girlfriends party all music is gonna be played off my laptop thanks :)

Now,How can i set the password so when the screensaver it asks for password?

william232 said:
its just for 2nite because i am going to my girlfriends party all music is gonna be played off my laptop thanks :)

Now,How can i set the password so when the screensaver it asks for password?

The password is from your account password. So you need to password protect your account, the screen saver just lock your desktop and requires you to put in your password for your account or an administrative account to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom