MOBO and case

Status
Not open for further replies.

compu-dude

Baseband Member
I was wondering if it would be possible to put the motherboard that i currently have in my comp (see sig) into this case. I'm thinking it won't be as i think all of the dell stuff is proprietary:angry: but just thought I'd check. thanks

Everything will fit fine you will have to study on the front panel conections tho .Also you will have to use the IO cover from the Dell system. You may have to modify it to fit the new case.Take your time modding it to fit , it will work.I had to dry fit my mobo and the Rear IO cover to see where i had to cut the cover i had to straighten 1 side flat and cut 1/16 of metal off the other side but it fit perfectly i used a screw to hold it in place.They(Dell,Gateway,Sony) like using a single front panel socket . I recently converted a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ34G Mini Tower over to an Aluminum MidTower case with Side window.I had to cut to fit the IO plate .I made a Removable Front Bay Rack to house the Sound Media Memory stick ,SVideo and Audio conections just like the Audigy.This did require lenghthening the cables(That was time consuming hehe) .Its all done 6 pounds lighter and the temps have dropped 12 degrees inside the case .Get a plan together on what you may run into and how you want to set it up.Think it out beforehand.Once you start theres no turning back. Mine turned out great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom