Nvidia Vs. Ati

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
Ok so i got this bad feeling.
Ati has 48 picel pipes and nvidia has 24... still just about the same benchmarks...
Anyway my quesiton is i purchased the X1900XT and its my first ATI on a pc... on my g5 imac i got a 9600pro...
but anyway do u think this card is going to be good....? I picked it instead of the 7950gt since the ATi was more OCable and better cooler... noise isnt an issue...

But i know that ATI delivers better movie watching gfx and nvidia better for games.... should i be scared of this change to ati?

I think you'll find the ATI X19** has 16 actual pipelines each able to do 3 shader calculations per cycle so 48 'logical' pipielines. ;)

ATI is a more efficient card where as the Nvidia has brute power. The Nvidia has better drivers too. :p

I have never been satisfied with ATI cards. 2 of them have not worked properly in builds.

Trifid said:
The Nvidia has better drivers too. :p

I have never been satisfied with ATI cards. 2 of them have not worked properly in builds.
I seriously dont know where people get this idea. I used to have a PCI 9200 in an old PC, never had a problem with the drivers. I now have an X1300Pro in a secondary pc and again, never had any trouble with the drivers. Not only have I not had trouble, but I think they look a lot better than the nvidia drivers.

That being said, a 7950gx2 would be faster than an x1900xt, because, well, its 2 cards in one.

I'm talking about ATI ones and not the modified ones which gave a X1600PRO a 20fps boost, the ones before that were completely terrible and meant windows wouldn't boot. Que safe mode and removing them.

Plus poor support for Linux.

no you dont get my point here.
Im just trying to ask ppl how different it is owning an ati compared to a Nvidia. The 9600Pro as you know was a good card at the time, but isnce it was in my iMac it was very different to a normal card and i had many problems like it made me lag on BF1942...:(

you won't find a difference with the drivers or anything, i've owned both a x1900xt and a 7900gt, and i found no difference in the 2... well besides the better framerates... lol

u got better fps with the ati? is there dif in multimedia wise? like i took the ati cause its more of a multimedia card i find and nvidia more for ganes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom