CPU Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landoix

Baseband Member
I recently bought all the peripherals/components to build a computer. It is now up and running, OS installed and all drivers for all devices. What stumped me was that some programs detect your hardware settings (or in control panel > system > hardware) and it says my processor is only a 1900+ like 1.4 GHz while it is actually a AMD 3200+ XP 2.2 GHz 400 MHz FSB. Why would it give me the wrong reading on this part (its the only part with this problem.) Does this mean that it is acutally running at 1.4 GHz? Do I have to change some of the clock settings in BIOS to overclock it (to get it to normal speed,) or should it be stock already!? Please explain whats going on, and how (if possible) I can fix it? :confused:

its just that u havent set the bios fsb and mutiplier (if nott locked) upping the fsb to what it should be 200 i think in ur case will not be overclocking it jus tellin in to run at the speed u paid for. go abit higher if u want.

I don't think you can change the multiplier of Athlon XP's, but my friend always overclocked his 2500+ to 3200+ by changing the FSB from 333MHZ to 400MHZ

and yes, an Athlon XP 1900+ runs at something like 1.4GHZ, the Athlon's get over 2GHZ in the 2800+ and above

?

Tried changing clock speed and the multiplyer in the BIOS (it let me,) but on all the property tabs in Windows it says still 1.1 GHz, 1100 MHz or something to that effect. Are the BIOS settings correct and Windows just not detecting correct speeds, or is that my acutal CPU speeds right now?

P.S. - I have set my clock speed to 200 MHz (x2 to get FSH of 400 MHz,) and multiplyier to 11.0x (11 x 200 = 2200 MHz is supposed to be correct CPU!)

Heres what it looks like in this nVidia Utilities program I installed.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 30
My BIOS says 200 MHz for the clock frequency, and 11.0x for the multiplyer. But thats not what it says under any system settings in Windows. To clear CMOS of all changed settings and back to default, what do I have to do? Exit and Discard Changes (Abandon all Data) or Load Setup Defaults (Load Optimized Defaults?)

Nevermind, turned out that the CPU Frequency Multiple thing had to be set to Menu and not User Defined (which was what I had it set to. So I jacked up Clock Frequency to 200 MHz already, then left Multiple at 11.0x and just changed it to Menu setting, saved it to CMOS and restarted. On a side note, I guess that means only way I can overclock my CPU is to change the FSB and not the Multiplyer? Here the results though: :)

Attachments

• cpuz.gif
    30 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom