Ripping Music slows down comp dramatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
OK so i have a compaq presario SR1750NX. Everytime i try ripping a cd to my harddrive, the computer starts slowing down. Like absolutley amazingly slow. The mouse starts skipping and the sound starts slowing down and windows pop up slow when i click on them. I have called HP and they have told me to Format my hard drive. I am not sure if i want to do that because just like any other person i have important files and such. I have tried reinstalling windows media player, reinstalling speaker software. Are there any ways to try to fix this? Please help.

Thanks in advance

Well your computer is about mid range, not lowend or highend so it shouldn't be any problem with the spec but I'm thinking what your power supply unit is like, might be to weak. Also, have you tried another ripping software beside WMP?

It's ok, cause we don't know if it's hardware, OS or software related yet.

I have tried using real player and it still does it. Ever since i formatted my hard drive in december its been doing that. I actually put formatting the hard drive into consideration at this point. becaause i cant do anything when im ripping music.

Actually im formatting the comp right now because i just put in a game and it is even running slow on that. so... thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom