Error with Macromedia Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdClayJisKOO

Baseband Member
I am trying to run Macromedia Flash MX. I installed it, but when I click to run it, it opens the loading screen, but before anything else happens, it says this program needs an error and needs to close. the only other program that is running is Trillian. it has never ran correctly on this system. I have XP MCE 2005. if any other specs are needed i would be glad to provide them.

thanks a lot

EDIT:I also tried installing Flash 8, and doing the 30 day trial, and it is doing the same thing. it does to the laoding screen, goes through some stuff and says it has caused an erroe and needs to close. I have noticed that it seems to display the error when the loading screen says "initializing fonts" could that be the problem? should i try deleting my fonts on my computer, or what?

dont think the problem is with ur fonts. try calling macromedia and see what they say--that is if your using the legal version...;)

yea i tried removing all fonts (except the system ones) and running it, but it didn't help. I don't really want to camm Macromedia, bacause pretty much all customer service sucks.

I have also been havaing problems with other things. When i am using windows explorer, and go to a certain video folder, it says it has caused an error. also when i go to the videos library in WMP11 i get the error it needs to close. I don't think these problems are related to the one with flash though. I havent even had the system for two month, and it is an extremely good setup for a laptop, especially for the price I paid. do you think something installed could be causing these problems, and if so, is there a way i can easily send full stats of hardware/software so that it may be easier to find the root of these few problems?

just as a note, i had had problems before with the windows explorer has caused an error and needs to close. for a different reason (IE7 beta screwing up my bios), i restored my system to factory conditions, including re-installing the os. this had fixed the windows explorer problems for a while. i'm sure if i re-installed my os i could get flash to work, but i don't want to have to go through that. so if someone could help me try to find the root of my problem that would be great

EDIT: I was just talking to someone about iTunes, and she asked why I didn't use it, and I just remembered that I had tried to install it a couple weeks ago, and it did the same thing Flash is doing. So obviously this is a problem with my system. anyone have any ideas to fix it?

Is it Macromedia Flash or flash player? Try going in to "add remove programs" uninstall it then reinstall it. If that does not work, try running a reg cleaner. If you need more info just ask :)

It's macromedia flash 8, and whatever the newest version of itunes is. i have tried uninstalling and re-installing both.

how do i go about running a reg cleaner? should i search for a program online, or is there a particular good one?

You can get it here. http://www.download.com/3000-2094-881470.html

RegClean is a fairly small application that will save a lot of start-up time. It clears the Windows 95 Registry safely and effectively. With the Registry cleaned out, you'll have a shorter wait whenever you boot the system. It also cleans out unused or corrupted Reg keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom