Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
rookie1010 said:
hey what does aero have to offer except for the translucent top bits of the window?
Actualy it goes around the whole window not just the top. It is more noticeable at the top since it is the largest part of the window. ;)
But honestly nothing.
PW_Ranger said:
Is windows vista good to use ... cuz i had not tried it before
I am personally using Vista 5744 as my Main OS. I think it is decent.:p

If I format my XP partition, what will I have to do to add Vista in the boot manager? (XP partition has the boot manager on it.)

5744 is very stable but you can't get it off MS site any more.

Vista has its own boot manager. You wont and dont need the XP boot manager when you install Vista.

IT is not that it will refind Vista. Vista will write its own Boot Manager and Boot config files so it wont have to find it. They will be there for when it has to boot up. ;)

keyser09 said:
i also heard vista wont even work with some itegrated sound and even some games!i might not even upgrade!
The only reason it wont work with some onboard sound is cause the people that made the onboard sound card hasnt released drivers for it. That isnt M$'s fault that is the people who created the onboard sound card.

The games aspect wont be better till after Vista gets released and the Game Developers have time to release pathces to make the games work in Vista. Same thing happened when 98 was out and XP was released. Some games didnt work until the patch was released.

Microsoft has blocked the attack vector used to slip unsigned drivers past new security policies being implemented in Windows Vista, according to Joanna Rutkowska, the stealth malware researcher who created the exploit.

Rutkowska, who demonstrated the exploit at the Black Hat conference in August, said she tested the attack against Windows Vista RC2 x64 and found that the exploit doesn't work anymore.

"The reason: Vista RC2 now blocks write-access to raw disk sectors for user mode applications, even if they are executed with elevated administrative rights," Rutkowska wrote on her Invisible Things blog.

Rutkowska, a Windows Internals expert at Singapore-based IT security firm COSEINC, however warned that the way the exploit is being blocked could be problematic and cause application compatibility issues.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2034307,00.asp

Chinese Edition Of Vista Ready In December
DigiTimes is reporting that the Chinese version of Windows Vista Enterprise will be ready in December following the November launch in the US. Chinese consumer versions are expected to ship simultaneously with their US counterparts, maybe even slightly ahead of them due to time differences.

Davis Tsai, Microsoft Taiwan's chief operating officer said the Chinese edition of Vista Enterprise will follow the English version, which is planned to launch on November 30, according to a Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) report.

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20061020PB201.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom