Speakers or laptop cause gaussed monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
I am sure that my monitor was gaussed by a mag field of an unknown hardware because its screen has a pinkish tint on the top and greenish tints on the left and right sides.

I had a 180Hz speaker on each side of my monitor for three years and my open laptop in front of it for two consecutive days but my monitor wasn't gaussed until this morning.

Which between the speakers and the laptop might have affected the monitor? Do speakers magnetize the monitor overtime?

Thanks.

The speakers to have tiny magnets in them but it's very unlikely they'd mess up your monitor imo. I'd say the monitor is just plain failing, too.

Yesterday the monitor went ok but it got gaussed again eventually. I think that the mag field comes from the inside of the monitor itself.

Maybe the laptop's EMF caused it. Some articles said that even LCD screens emit a little electromagnetic radiation. That was even combined with the laptop's motherboard, hardisk, and other hardwares. I think that it caused the gauss since it was sitting exactly in front of my monitor.

Also, the blotches changed their locations when I placed my laptop in fron of the monitor again for a few hours.

I just wonder why CPU towers don't cause that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom