i have my product key but need a WMC 2005 disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

plvaulter06

Beta member
for some stupid reason i installed the Windows Vista RC1. I hate it and want to go back to the Windows Media Center 2005 edition that i had before. I have the the my origional product key i just need a copy of the OS. anyone have any ideas for me
Thanks
Mike:angry:

plvaulter06 said:
for some stupid reason i installed the Windows Vista RC1. I hate it and want to go back to the Windows Media Center 2005 edition that i had before. I have the the my origional product key i just need a copy of the OS. anyone have any ideas for me
Thanks
Mike:angry:

If you bought a retail computer like HP, Dell, Sony, Gateway, etc. The restore process should be on a hidden partition. You'll probably have to press a certain key combination to boot to it.

or you can have an I386 folder on your c drive you can copy that to an usb hdd drive and use a bartpe cd to install windows. you would have to boot from the bartpe cd and then head to the winnt.exe file in the system32 folder

I've been meaning to try to import that folder into nlite to see if I could make it an xp cd. maybe I'll get around to trying that today

yeah I386 folder is very useful, I remember using it to install XP when my hard drive crashed. I got into dos accessed my 2nd hard drive where I had stored the I386 folder typed winnt.exe and away it went installed no problem.

If you have any friends that have a Windows Media Centre 2005 disc, copy it, and use YOUR product key. This is completely legal, as long as you have a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom