Internet Explorer causes blue screen in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwyzna

Beta member
Hello everyone, one day i was just looking at some site that never caused me any problems. all of a sudden a blue screen appeared and said there was some memory dump problem or what-not. funny thing is im running XP sp2. the blue screen didnt last long before my comp automatically restarted. after starting windows i tried to open IE (sp1) and it caused my entire comp to freeze with the exception of the mouse. ever since the blue screen appeared i could not use IE because it forces me to restart. once i got a warning that said my virtual memory is low. i tried uninstalling, reinstalling, upgrading to version 7, nothing works, and i ONLY have this problem with IE, not with any other program. right now i have to use opera. can anyone help me out? i really cannot afford to reinstall windows or reformat since i have too much on here, another way would be great! thanks.

It worked! I just downloaded most of those programs Warez had up, ran them, started up IE, and works like normal. I asked about this problem on the microsoft newsgroups, i didnt even get an answer from them. thanks alot guys, its been a big help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom