New Build... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Very basically, i'm getting bored with my current setup and fancy a new system. However, i've ben out of the loop for a while and haven't really been keeping up with GFX card updates or processr updates or whatever (although i'm pretty sure with the budget i'm on I wont be going for anything too high end :S)

So, if i was to keep my current case, and PSU (which I belive is 400w... so i'll probably need to upgrade that and all) and probably Heatsink and fan, what coud I build for around £800 to £900 (preferrably less... much less, but I can't see that happening)

Oh and i'd like to stick to AMD I think.. unless intels cheaper, and god forbid, better now :p

What else... I game a lot, so GFX card should probably pretty good. OOH and i'll keep my RAM as well... and probably get a second. If it works with it. otherwise i'll need a new one. ****.

Phew

ok your proccessor isnt good at all so its a socket 754. and i cant seem to find any nice proccessors for socket 754. they are all sempron and there is one athlon 3000 but that wont be too much of an improvement. you maybe want to get a new mobo that supports 775 so u can get a core 2 duo e6300. and get this videocard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...069609641+106790717&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

i cant find a motherboard that supports core 2 duo sli and your pc3200ram. so here is a mobo that supports core 2 duo your ram and pci-x. honestly i would not buy that motherboard because it is crap but it is a great price. most core 2 duo motherboards have to have ddr 2.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...A+P4M890+Micro+ATX+Intel+Motherboard+-+Retail

mobo-55$
vidcard-135$(or if u upgrade to ddr2 and get a sli mobo u can get 2)
another gb of ram-100$

yeah i'm guessing i'm gonna need a completely new build. and i had a feeling i might need new RAM. Which was the GFX card you were talking about? theres a few on that page for 135...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom