sfc /scannow

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
hello
when i try to run sfc /scannow i get the insert windows xp home cd but it is already in my cd-rom
(cd-rom drive is working).
i have set the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Windows\current version\setup at E:\ and my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\current Version\setup at E:\.
i have also copied my I386 folder (off winxp cd) on to my C:drive (C:\1386) and set the two sourcepaths
(above) to C:\ , but cannot get it to work. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
harley

Warez
thanks for your reply. yes it autostarts , then i exit then type
sfc /scannow and it starts but it asks for the winxp-cd. i can skip
file but it keeps asking for the cd.
i read something about slip streamming sp2 , but i am to dadburn dumb to understand how to do it.
thanks again
harley

ps:does a repair install delete sp2 , dx , and all my updates and drivers?

Make sure it is the same CD as the installed Windows version. Maybe it doesn't work if the CD is SP1 and the installed Windows is SP2.

A repair removes/replaces any drivers afaik. Only the Documents & Settings files are backed up.

Well lets start with this, what dont you understand about slipstreaming? Is your current system SP2? What type of XP cd do you have? Just plain XP, XP SP1 or XP SP2?

Warez
i really dont understand at all i think i start off my coping everthing on my cd in a folder on desktop then d/l sp2 from windows update then somehow writing both to a blank CD.
i got Window xp home edition with service pack 1a.
harley

ps: i got my sp2 at windows update

harley88 said:
Warez
i really dont understand at all i think i start off my coping everthing on my cd in a folder on desktop then d/l sp2 from windows update then somehow writing both to a blank CD.
i got Window xp home edition with service pack 1a.
harley

ps: i got my sp2 at windows update

Harley, simply follow this site
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

I suggest following, because you want to make your CD bootable since you never copied it as an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom