Recommend a CPU cooler? Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I just recently built my first computer. its a E6400, and of course i need to overclock it.

I've tried the Zalman 9500, with artic silver 5. The results i got were terrible. I even installed it 3 times, same result. So I think im done with Zalman. The temps were idling at the same with the Zalman as they are now with stock CPU cooler installed.

When I overclock it to 3 ghz, it hits 60 C. (Idling). What should I do? That temperature is obviously high, right?

Can someone recommened a another CPU cooler, maybe one they own? Or is it time for water cooling...

how much thermal AS5 are you putting on? ZALMAN has always been good at dropping temps. I swear by them. Not saying you did anything wrong, but it's strange that the average temp drops 5-7C with one and you got nothing. Almost a paper thin coating and at least a 100 hours to "burn in" the paste... then you should check your temps.

Nukem said:
how much thermal AS5 are you putting on? ZALMAN has always been good at dropping temps. I swear by them. Not saying you did anything wrong, but it's strange that the average temp drops 5-7C with one and you got nothing. Almost a paper thin coating and at least a 100 hours to "burn in" the paste... then you should check your temps.

Nukem is right, you can't just pop the thing on and use the initial readings as an indicator, it has to cure first to get proper readings. I also swear by Zalman, its a good product. I think you may be jumping the gun here and not waiting long enough, just be patient. :)

I think im going to just put some AR5 on my stock cooler. I read alot of the reviews, I just can afford to waste money on something that wont work. The CPU temperature is very frustrating.

Last question, whats a high temperature for CONROE at full load. I mean something that would almost start to cause damage. Thanks.

What could start damage is 70C+? I'm not sure but I think anything above 55-60C is getting hot for a CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom