Any one else have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
I have windows vista Ultimate (not sure if this is rc1 or rc2, but w/e) Its my cousins and i use it 2. When I use it is seems surprisingly slow for a new os thats suppost to be so much faster than xp. For one thing it horribly sucks at multitasking, when i waz installing half life 2 EP1 the curser waz really jumpy and slower than dog crap when windows opened, and the other thing that bugs me to death is the windows explorer bar freezes about every 30 sec, which gets really REALLY annoying when im trying to open windows or anything fast. (i go to po a window back up and i have to wait for the explorer to respond after about 5 sec) I also get the blue screen after being on for about 10 min, but i figured out that waz my display driver. Does anyone else have these problems, or bugs with vista? it sems very unstable and unrealible, not to mention really jumpy, cant fast click like i normally do. and would there be a way to fix it or speed it up. its 64 bit version.

No. Simple answer. That is why it is a BETA. It isnt gonna be faster than XP just yet. they still have to trim some of the fat off it yet. RC2 is quite good and very stable. I have been using it as my Main OS since it was released.

I am gathering that you are using RC1. The Display drivers gave me nothing but problems on RC1. I got multiple BSOD's with them installed. I know that the topic of Vista and games has been gone over.
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126462

It just goes to show you that the games is not M$'s problem. That is up to the game developers. Just like the apps is the software developers. If Avast and Daemon tools can get their software to work everyone should be able to.

Also you are at a bit of a disadvantage since you are using 64Bit. It isnt as highly supported for apps let alone drivers. My only suggestion would be to try Vista Build 5744. That is the most recent build and it is good. Not better than XP just yet. But it is getting there.

yesh, i had read that forums right before i posted, i understand that its in beta and wont be perfect and i know that games definatly wont be, but i just think even for beta its too flawwed, and i was just wondering if anyone else had these problems so i could tell if was just my machine or it was actually this bad.

Well what build does he have. If you know that info i can help you along a bit more. If it is 5744 then i think it is the machine. Also have to remember that Vista really needs 1GB of RAM to run smoothly. Anything less you will notice lag. Espically while installing games.

Build 5600 is RC1 and that one was a bit buggy. There was 2 builds released after that. Build 5744 is much better and much more worth it to use. I even stopped using 5600 after a week cause it was so laggy and buggy. they did fix that with 5744. ;)

Hope that gives you some better insite.

ok, thanx that would explain y its glichy, i was using it on all my replys except this one, now im back on xp because it blue screened again. Ill see if he can get 5744. Is that called rc2 also? or is rc2 after 5744

The Napster said:
ok, its vista rc1 build 5600. I know its not because i dont have enough ram. I have 3 gigs of it.

3 gigs on your computer?? Wow! I have never seen a PC with some much memory.
If vista is slow on your machine, I can't imagine how it would run on 512MB RAM machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom