F@H only using %50 of my cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
it has ht so there are two virtual cores i have folding at home set to use 100 % but i really dont know how to make it use 100% and fah is set to use both virtual cores but it is not. Any ideas?

Probably you have a DualCore Processor, or a Hyperthreading supporting Processor, in either way, that will cause your F@H To use only 50% of the total CPu Power that is avalible to you, if your CPU is just a dual-core, it should be theoreticly as much as 100% if you compare the processing speed to a single core [50% of two cores = 100% of a single core]

if its a single core CPU with hyperthreading, then sadly you're limited to half the power that your CPU can utilize for F@H, what you can do is run two clients [download an x2 agent,there are a couple on the net].

Hope this explains some stuff,

-Jo

not to be annoying apokalipse, but I think I said that :D

apokalipse said:
if you want F@H to use two cores, you need to run two instances of it (you can run the console version at the same time as the GUI version)

Yoad said:
what you can do is run two clients [download an x2 agent,there are a couple on the net].

-Jo

:x

-Jo.

FROM F@H WEBSITE

Does Folding@home run on dual processor machines? Yes, you can. Additional processors must run the console version (with the "-local" command-line argument if run on Windows). First, make additional directories for each processor and copy the FAH Console executable file into each. Then configure them with the -config switch, filling in settings for each. It is very important to make sure that under the "Advanced Settings" option each copy is given a unique machine ID (from 1 to 8). The first copy will default to a machine ID of 1, so additional copies should be given IDs of 2, 3, 4, etc. Each may then be run out of their installed directory, using the -local switch on windows.

what the **** does that mean???!

if you want F@H to use two cores, you need to run two instances of it (you can run the console version at the same time as the GUI version)

actually you shouldn't run the GUI and console versions at the same time. use the console version and have two directories, one for each copy of the program. use the run command to browse and run each copy of F@H with the command " -config" after the location in the runbar......follow the instructions from there to configure the ID for each one. just make it 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom