Building Shuttle Rig.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdar

Daemon Poster
I thinking to build another comp, this time a using one of shuttle rigs..
This computer will not be used much for gaming (same maybe.. but nothing new or on max..)
But it will be used for like watching movies and all that, from time to time...

I was looking at this shuttle..
Shuttle XPC SN27P2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16856101004
(What do you think of this one?... It have 400W PSU... where most other have 350W PSU.... What do you think about it's North Bridge?)

I probably will get AMD 64 or AMD X2... (I am not sure about Dual Core.. maybe there will not be such need.. for this comp)
Athlon 64 3800+ Venice for like 100$..

Then.. some cheap, but not too bad video card..
Maybe a sound card.. but that is not that important.. (I quess on board sound will be fine, if what I can install sound card later on.)

My biggest question is about Memory for this shuttle.. which one? This shuttle supports DDR2 667/800 memory..
Should I get DDR2 667 or 800?
Which RAM would you recomend?
for Memory I would get some thing like 1gb...

and I then DVD/DVDRW, HDD etc.. and all that other ****...

i was also looking at building a shuttle, but i wanted to know if there were considerable differences in performance betweena desktop with teh same specs and a shuttle and how hard it is to put everything together in the shuttle,.

oo, if core 2 duo is involved, go intel, it will stomp on amd if you get an e6300 dual core, its only like 180 dollars now, nice lil price for something about as good as a 4800 x2...

but if your not looking to spend too much i would stick to the 3800 single, 99 dollars is a nice looking price..

and you said venice core.. venice core is socket 939, that would mean you can't use ddr 667 or 800.. you would be stuck with ddr400 and 500 etc.

that shuttle is a socket am2, so your gonna have to look for orleans or something like that... look for am2 cpu's

ok.. So that shuttle will support ddr400 as well?

Which CPU would support 667 or 800?

PS.. I might get Intel.. e6300 dual core.. 180$ doesn't sounds like bad price...
which memory will it support?

Since.. 4200+ x2 windsor and e6300 is pretty much same price..

Would you go intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom